Friday, July 20, 2007

Is today Friday?

Ah, so nice to be retired. Mentally reviewed the to-do list at 7 am. Nothing that can't wait until tomorrow, so I rolled over and....hit the snooze button. Now I remember where I put that wad of gum last night! Spent somemore time removing the grout from the basement shower floor, and learned how while doing it. I use a mitre saw, sometimes called a back saw, and just take it easy in a back-and-forth motion until the crack is deep enough. Once done, I'll re-grout, re-silicone the borders, and...voila! Good for another 20 years. I'm making the job last as long as possible, as I am discovering, for the first time, how nice it is to shower in "Anne's" bathroom. Hot water, overhead light, new towels, skin-so-soft after shower body lotion, and on and on. No wonder she spends half her life in there. Also the fact that we re-dec'd it in May. I removed all the oak trim & refinished it. Filled all the holes, spot-primed, total primed, and then let a pro do the two finish coats in a camouflage green. Add a great mood-picture, fabric blinds and towels to match, and you've got a room I'm not allowed to use.
So the girls and spouses and kids are off to a Muskoka cottage tomorrow, and all we get is Brenda's dog for a week, and undying gratitude, mostly from Heather, as she just got back from 3 days in England on business;and Anne went and gathered up all her laundry on Wednesday so she have none to come home to. What a mom!!!
I have to-do lists from all of them, just in case I get bored while they are gone.
Locked Maggie(the dog) in and took Anne to Stoney Creek Dairy for dessert. Now it's 10:18 pm and I'm baffed, so Nytol. Warren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stoney Creek Dairy without me??
How could you. Hope you had one for me. See you soon.

Sarge

Siobhan Chinnery said...

How does one find this mythical place you call "retirement"
It sounds like some place I would really enjoy.

Scott